EMI Shielding Products
- Custom Gasket Fabrication
- Connector Gaskets
- Bonded O Ring
- Custom Gaskets
- Conduct-O-Knit Knitted Wire Mesh
- Conduct-O-Seal Combo Gasket
- Conduct-O-Seal Oriented Wire in Silicone Gasket Material
- Conduct-O-Mesh Tape
- Optical Filters For Electronic Displays
- Shielded Vent Panels
- ESC Board Level Shielding
- 300 Series
RFI Shielding in the Medical Field
Recently, there has been a tremendous influx of electronic goods in the medical industry. These advancements have helped expedite many different hospital functions and it crucial in devices like Apnea monitors, pacemakers, heart rate monitors, and electronic wheel chairs. Although these electronic components help the industry, they are susceptible to radiofrequency interference.
Some form of RFI shielding protects most electronic components in hospitals. If they weren’t, the electronics would experience interference from smartphones and hand held receivers. The need for proper shielding grows when electronic components are placed within the human body. For example, pacemakers need to have the proper shielding gaskets so that people can live safe lives outside of the hospital environment.
Every device is enclosed in a gasket. In the medical field, thorough EMI shielding and RFI shielding can be a matter of life or death. If a patient’s equipment isn’t protected from EMI shielding and RFI shielding, it can malfunction and leave a patient in danger of harm. Gaskets are the primary source of EMI shielding and RFI shielding.
If you are interested in learning more about RFI shielding in the medical field, contact a local professional for more information.
- Mounting a Shielding Gasket
- Understanding Oriented Wire Shielding and how it Works
- EMI use of Gaskets in Military
- The Science of Shielding
- Shielding Gaskets and Corrosion
- Selection of Seal Cross Section
- Integrated Circuits Have Problems with EMI
- RFI and EMI: Frequent Questions
- Difference between EMI and EMC
- Common Shielding Metals