EMI Shielding Products
- Custom Gasket Fabrication
- Connector Gaskets
- Bonded O Ring
- Custom Gaskets
- Conduct-O-Knit Knitted Wire Mesh
- Conduct-O-Seal Combo Gasket
- Conduct-O-Seal Oriented Wire in Silicone Gasket Material
- Conduct-O-Mesh Tape
- Optical Filters For Electronic Displays
- Shielded Vent Panels
- ESC Board Level Shielding
- 300 Series
The FCC and RFI
In today’s highly technological world, the threat of EMI and RFI is very real. Many products that are used on a daily basis by consumers and industries produce some form of electromagnetic energy. As a result of the pervasiveness of electromagnetism, the federal communications commission (the FCC) has begun to regulate and give recommendations for companies creating products that produce this form of interference. The goal for the FCC is RF safety, which is outlined in the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969.
The FCC has specific policies regarding electromagnetic fields and human exposure. These policies are developed using the help and work of other major organizations that are dedicated to the same goal of limiting EMI.
- National Standards Institute
- Institute of Electrical Engineers, Inc
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements
In 1996 the FCC recommended that the maximum permissible exposure is between 300 kHz and 100 GHz.
The guidelines and policies put out by the FCC are designed to keep individuals safe and products functioning properly. Following and/or exceeding the base requirements will help your products to work and your company to thrive. Using proper EMI shielding and RFI shielding is one of the best ways to help reduce EMI and RFI leaking from your product.